The C8651 allows to receive and transmit asynchronous Dolby metadata (RDD6) via serial RS485 interface.
The metadata received will be inserted into a pre selected audio data bus for reception by any module within a C8000 frame.
This proprietary metadata transport mechanism is very flexible and powerful for metadata exchange and management.
About Dolby Metadata:
The Dolby® Laboratories, Inc. have introduced the “data about the audio data“, the Dolby® Metadata, which travel along with the multi channel bit stream from acquisition (point of audio recording) to delivery (Dolby Digital decoder at home either as part of the TV Set Top Box or the home theatre system). Dolby® Metadata in the end of the day may control the home equipment in a way that the sound impression is as close as possible to what the producers intention was when mixing a movie sound track.
- receive and transmit asynchronous Dolby Metadata (RDD6) via serial RS485 interface
- C8000 Dolby Metadata internal bus inserter/extractor
C8000 Frame 3RU 64/76; 4 independent sync areas
- 4 independent bus-isolated backplane sections (each one with 8 slots back to back)
- Local Audio Clock Distribution and Busses for each Section
- Front & Rear Assembly (front-side: 64 HP; rear: 76 HP)
- Redundant, Load Balanced Power Supplies with Individual Mains Input
- 19" modular chassis, 3RU, 435mm depth
Dolby® D/D+/E Decoder & Metadata Generator - C8621
- Dolby D / D+ / E Decoding
- Supports Audio Description
- Pro Logic II Decoding and Encoding
- Metadata Generator
8 Channel Surround Monitoring Audio Processor - D*AP8 MAP
- Multi channel / Multi format audio monitoring system (up to 7.1)
- Multiple speaker connectivity with extensive solo/mute function
- Dedicated log ports for network based measurement and logging
- Optional Dolby® Metadata generation, processing and emulation
- 19”, 1RU device, redundant PSU